Friday, October 7, 2011

Homemade Sushi (Vegetarian)

I had a lot of fun with this one!  I do need more practice with the sushi mat, since my rolls came out kinda messy (but still delicious).

Ingredients:

2 cups short grain rice
2 ½ cups water
3 tablespoons water, extra
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
5 sheets toasted nori
1 cucumber
½ medium carrot
½ medium avocado
2 slices cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips

Directions:

Place rice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low, cover with tight fitting lid and cook for 10 minutes.

Place rice, extra water, vinegar and sugar in a bowl and mix well.

Place nori sheet onto a bamboo sushi mat. Spread warm rice over nori sheet.


Cut and prepare the fillings.


Layer cucumber, carrot, avocado and cheese at narrow end, and roll up from narrow end using the sushi mat.


Repeat process with remaining ingredients to make more rolls. Cut each roll and serve with wasabi sauce.


YUM!  
ENJOY...



2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am impressed! I think I just figured out what we need to make on our next girls' cooking night :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...