Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Weekend Recipes

I hope that everyone enjoyed their Father’s Day!  Ryan had so much fun spending time with his daddy and his grandpa (my dad) this past weekend.  We also had a pool playdate with J and P, and then discovered how to climb up onto things (uh oh!).  We will be “updating” our living room to remove the infant swing and jumperoo that are no longer safe for our little climber.  Ryan has also been giving me kisses and hugs every day now.  I absolutely love this 9-month-old stage.

Here are some recipes that I made over the weekend...

-Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins from skinnytaste.com:



-Apple Crisps with Flaxseed (so delicious that I ate a bunch before I could even take the picture): 



-Slow Cooked Chicken (with carrots, celery, and onions) from foodnetwork.com:


I’m glad that I finally got a chance to use our slow cooker that we got as one of our wedding gifts (two years ago… ooops!)  It wasn't too difficult once I got everything chopped up and put in.  I did need a little bit of help cleaning the whole chicken.  Then, I just let it cook in there all day while I did other things around the house, like laundry and putting things away.  I will definitely be using our slow cooker more often in the future because I love how tender the chicken turned out.  I love eating things that are healthy and yummy at the same time!


4 comments:

  1. Dana, these look delicious! You are getting some serious skills in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Rupert and I ate crockpot chicken today for dinner. We love our slow cooker - it is so good and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a cooking machine!! I love cooking stuff in the crockpot...it's so easy! There is a Fiesta Chicken recipe on my blgo that is one of my favorites. It's just chicken, corn, and salsa, but you shred the chicken and it's SO moist and good. I like it on tacos, over brown rice, topped with avocado, etc. Soo good!

    Also, I didn't see a link for the apple crisp recipe. Do you have one? I want to make that!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I will have to try the fiesta chicken! Ooops, I forgot the apple crisp recipe... here it is: http://www.flaxhealth.com/recipes.htm#applecrisp

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...