Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Doctors & Updates

Today was a day full of doctors appointments, and I have been going on exactly one hour of sleep.  Lately, I have been experiencing more insomnia than usual.  They say that chemo can actually make it worse.  I didn’t even know that “worse” was even possible, in my case!

At the doctor today, I found out that my white blood cell counts are finally back to normal (yay!) so that means that I am good to go for chemo #4 this Friday!  I’m glad that we are sticking to the original schedule, which will have me finished with chemo treatments by May.  My goal is to relax/recuperate my body in May, so that I will be ready to face my surgeries starting in June.

Such a nice day for a walk... I'm so glad that spring is on its way!
In the past, I was the kind of person who was super thirsty at any given moment, and I drank tons of water without even thinking about it.  If I wasn’t feeling good, water always made everything better.  I usually drank even more than the recommended 8 glasses a day, just because I knew how good it made me feel.  I would never drink sodas, or anything else, because nothing tasted as good to me as plain old water.  But ever since I’ve started treatments, I haven’t felt very thirsty.  I even forgot to drink water on some days.  This is really bad, because my body needs all the water it can get to avoid dehydration and to get rid the toxins.  I feel so dumb for forgetting to take my own advice!  As of this week, I am making a conscious effort to drink as much water as possible every day and to get as much exercise as possible (on the days that I can handle it.)  The other day, Barry and I took Ryan and the dogs out for a walk around our neighborhood.  I could just feel my body getting stronger!  I can’t wait to get back into a normal workout routine when chemo is over.  Exercise really does have so many benefits, including bringing out endorphins and making you feel happy!

Ryan had his 6 month check-up today, and the doctor says that he is doing great!  He seems to be hitting all of the milestones on time and his happiness and personality just shine through.  Here are baby's stats:

       Weight:  14 lbs  8 oz  10th percentile   Mommy’s little peanut, but he has a very healthy appetite!
       Height:   26 in   50th percentile   I still have a feeling that he’s going to be tall!
       Head Circumference: 17.25 in   50th percentile   Hmm, okay.  Fine with me!

My mom also had her own appointment today: to get another PET scan to see how her liver is doing.  We know that the radiation procedures that she had in December and January have helped her, but this will show us exactly how much.  Please keep my mom in your hearts and prayers, as she finds out the results tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. This is SUCH good news! And I am thinking of you and your mom and hope for the good news to continue tomorrow. I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am late seeing this! I love the picture of you out with the stroller and the dogs! I'm so glad you were able to get out for a little bit while the weather was kind of nice and before going back in to the hospital:/. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...