Monday, February 28, 2011

Beauty in The Little Things

This World Can Be Ugly, But Isn't It Beautiful?

Cancer, or any illness, does not have to make us bitter or separate us from God.
In fact, I have found that it draws me CLOSER, because I rely on Him now more than ever.
Every day, I have been making an effort to look for God in unexpected places.
I want to take the time to experience the beauty of the world that so often goes unnoticed.

My beautiful baby exuberates God’s presence every day through his curiosity, love of others, and zest for life.
He will always be our little angel, sent straight from heaven to give hope to our family.
God is everywhere. He is in a child’s pure and simple laughter. He is in the sunshine that came out at the perfect time today for us to enjoy some time sitting outside. He is in the warmth of a nurse who goes out of her way to make me feel extra comfortable. He is in the words of a complete stranger who sincerely wants to pray for us. He is in the face of a pregnant woman who glows with excitement of her soon-to-be little one. (This always brings back my own pregnant memories!) He is in the unconditional love that a pet will give you throughout the years. All of these little things are so beautiful, and simply represent God’s promise to us.

Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth. -Genesis 9:16

Lord, I pray that you keep my family members and friends strong, and for them to discover the positive things in their lives by searching for you in unexpected places. I wish that everyone may find true happiness and contentment. Please give my body the strength that it needs to fight and recover from everything during these upcoming weeks. I am leaving it all in your hands now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This a song that speaks to me tonight, as I am preparing for chemo tomorrow:

“Katie” by Jack’s Mannequin

Katie you're a brave girl, and I know its only just started.
I'm gonna be there at six, with some flowers on sticks
That were clipped just to make the weak strong.
And Katie, its a strange world when girls can get so broken hearted
If it were me, and the universe, I'd get the worst of this gone.

Katie I'm sorry that in your condition
The sunshine's been missing but Katie,
Don't believe that it isn't there.
Oh and Katie be happy
This world can be ugly, but isn't it beautiful?
We're not really here, and we're really not there
We're really not there.

Katie you're a brave girl and courage is something I'll need now.
'Cause its been a hell of a day I've spent fading away
We all fade sometimes, I believe
And Katie its a strange world as I watch the tables get turned around
And you've got the strength that I've lost in a thought that would carry me.

4 comments:

  1. And "Fishy" can help you keep in mind the other Jack's Mannequin lyrics since you both need to swim. I LOVE you and I am thinking of you. I can't wait to see you again soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Dana! Can't wait to see you! *muah*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you hun! It was so great seeing you! I hope each day gets easier for you and that you continue to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you! I hope you are feeling ok. I'm thinking of you *hug*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...