Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gearing Up for Chemo #2

So it looks like my mom and I will both be in the hospital at the same time on the same floor this weekend.  I wish we could be roommates, but they only have private rooms on the oncology floor.  We are treated like VIP at the hospital!  I’m so thankful that my Aunt S has been with my mom every single day for the past two weeks, and has really been helping her out.  She has such a big heart and is willing to do anything and everything for my mom. The bond between sisters is so precious.

I’ve come across some tips for when I’m getting chemotherapy:  Chew on ice chips while getting Adriamycin to help with mouth sores and have mints while getting Cytoxan to make the metallic taste go away.  If I can stay awake long enough, I will try these things and see if they work.  Lets just hope that I can remember, since I have almost no recollection of actually getting it last time.  That chemo does weird things to your body and also to your brain!

Barry’s mom will be staying at our place the whole weekend to watch Ryan while Barry is with me at treatment.  She is flying up from Florida, and I am so appreciative that she has offered to come all this way to help us out.  I sure will miss my baby though!  I’ve put all of his little outfits together in bags for each day, so that I can still feel like I have some input even when I’m not there.  Besides, I just love putting together all of those cute baby clothes anyways!  =)  

4 comments:

  1. Kev & I have been thinking about you all and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! After this one it will be two down, only three to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it goes well today and I can't wait to see you again soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana! I am soooo happy I got to see you this past weekend! It was wonderful seeing you smile and for all of us to chat and catch up just like old times. I miss being home and seeing all you girls! I love you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...